Saturday, July 28, 2012

Toner?

Do you use a toner after cleansing your skin? Do you need to? I honestly believe you either like to or you don't. Depending on how extensive your routine is, it is one more step to add. I personally like to use a toner on my skin, but I have periods where I am religious about it and there are times when I just fall off the wagon. I believe that it is beneficial for people that have oily/ acne skin and women who tend to wear a lot of make up such as heavy concealers, foundations and powder. If you do wear a lot of makeup and are unsure about using a toner, just use it at night after cleansing and see if you like it.

The purpose of a toner is to help balance the pH levels in the skin after cleansing. Also to remove any dirt, oil , makeup, and residue that may be missed after cleansing. Toners are also meant to help shrink large pores on the skin as well as help against fine lines.

Now, if you have DRY SKIN it is best to use a hydrating to toner, if you choose to use one. DO NOT use an astringent, it will be too harsh on the skin. That is meant for very oily acne prone skin. Be sure to look at the ingredients and purchase toners that are alcohol free!! Stay away from toners that have SD Alcohol 40, Denatured Alcohol, Ethanol, and Isopropyl Alcohol.

SENSITIVE SKIN should only use a calming and hydrating toner, again if you decide to use on. And must be alcohol free.

All skin types please use an alcohol free toner!!! Even OILY SKIN.

To answer the question, do you need one?? It's up to you.

I will blog about products soon, I just want to get everyone familiar with a routine first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment on my blog! I will reply as soon as I can!

If you have a blog and you follow me, please let me know and I will follow back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...