Friday, January 11, 2013

Oatmeal As A Cleanser

While most people eat oatmeal for breakfast, I use it as my morning and evening cleanser! I don't mean I use a product containing oatmeal, I use the actual oats, plain no flavor added oatmeal. I began my search a few months back, as I was looking for a new cleanser to use. I knew I wanted to use an oatmeal based product, because of all the benefits oatmeal offers. As I searched, I realized I was being too picky, I didn't like all the added ingredients in most of the products I came across, so I said "self, just use oatmeal!". Best thing I ever did for myself. I also had an added push to try it when I came across a youtuber by the name of Bubzbeauty, she talked about her skin problems and how she loved oatmeal as a cleanser.

So, what are the benefits of oatmeal as a cleanser?? Oatmeal naturally absorbs dirt and impurities while providing gentle exfoliation. Oatmeal does not strip moisture from the skin, in fact it does the opposite, it helps restore the natural balance of moisture in the skin. Oatmeal is great for treating skin conditions such as eczema, acne, dryness, and irritation. Oatmeal is very soothing and gentle on the skin, leaving it super soft. Oatmeal also helps to remove dead skin cells, which means softer, brighter skin (bye bye scars, and acne scars).

I have very oily skin and this does a great job of cleansing  my skin and absorbing my oil. My skin has a firmness now that no other cleanser has given me. My skin feels extremely soft, and I don't get shiny as fast as I used too. I love using oatmeal as a cleanser, I don't think I'll ever go back to a traditional cleanser.

To use the oatmeal as a cleanser I start by grabbing a handful, I then run it under warm water for less than a minute. You need the oatmeal to become soft and mushy. You will know it's ready when you press the oatmeal and the water turns milky. Dampen your face and begin to massage the oatmeal into your skin. I won't lie, this a messy cleanser but worth it. When you are done rinse off with cool or warm water, continue with normal routine.



I still use makeup remover wipes at night before I use the oatmeal. I want to make sure all my makeup is off before is use the oatmeal.

I purchased the large size container of oatmeal at Vons, I believe I paid $3.99. You can't beat that price for a cleanser that will lasts you months!!

Thank you for reading along!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment on my blog! I will reply as soon as I can!

If you have a blog and you follow me, please let me know and I will follow back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...