Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hyperpigmentation Continued

I would like to write more about Hyperpigmentation, and the products that can be used to help treat it. In my previous blog I mentioned Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid.

Hydroquinone is a skin bleach/lightener, and it is the most effective ingredient to lighten skin. Although this is one of the more popular methods, Hydroquinone must be used with caution. Recent studies have shown this to be a carcinogen risk, linked to studies done on rats. Most over the counter creams have a small dosage of Hydroquinone in it, but if you get a prescription cream from your Doctor, it will be a higher dosage.

Kojic Acid is also used in many skin bleaching products. It also is found in many products containing Hydroquinone. These products will be harsh on the skin and cause you to peel and be dry. Kojic Acid isn't linked to be cancerous but it may severely irritate the skin.

I am going to recommend some products to try, some contain Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid, and some will not.

COSMELAN. This is a highly effective peel that does not contain Hydroquinone, but it does have Kojic Acid in it.

RENEE ROULEAU POST BREAKOUT FADE GEL. This is recommended for acne scars, not some much sun spots or Melasma. This does not contain Hydroquinine or Kojic Acid. The key ingredients are Lactic and Glycolic Acids.

CLARITE  SKIN BLEACH STEP 4. This product does contain 4% Hydroquinone in it.

DDF FADE GEL #4. This product does not contain Hydroquinone. The key ingredients in this product is Kojic and Glycolic Acid.

LUCEDERM. This product does not contain Hydroquinone. The key ingredient in this product is Kojic Acid and Alpha-Arbutin.

These are just some of my recommendations. There seems to be a never ending supply of products to choose from, but I think these products stand up well next to their competition.

Thank you for reading along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment on my blog! I will reply as soon as I can!

If you have a blog and you follow me, please let me know and I will follow back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...